Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Amazing Pot Pie

Submitted by Lisa Mariani Hackney

I cook about 2 to 2.5lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast in about 4 - 5 cups  of water seasoned with garlic powder, Lawry's salt, oregano and garlic powder. When it is done cooking I shred the chicken and strain the broth & set aside.

 Gather filling ingredients

2/3 c of butter
1 lg sweet onion chopped large
2/3 c flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp of hot sauce (just gives flavor not hotness)
 chicken stock
1c milk
5 c of shredded chicken
5 cups if mixed veggies ( I use green beans, corn, carrots and green beans)

melt butter in large pan.
add chopped onion and cook till tender.
stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
gradually stir in chicken stock and milk.
cook and stir till bubbly. it will thicken up. (make sure you keep stirring)
add chicken and mixed veggies. ( I usually add a little extra chicken and veggies till thick)
remove from heat
pour into 9x13 pan (I usually have enough that I have a bit extra about an 8x8 pan too)

I just tried a new biscuit mix tonight. It was Pioneer woman and it was great on this! I had to 4x the recipe on the box to cover the top of 9x13 pan

bake according to your biscuit recipe.  Usually 350 for 30-40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment