Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Buttermilk Ranch Dip

Submitted by Jessica Guinan
From Dip It! by Rick Rogers


1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. sour cream
3 tbsp dried buttermilk powder
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (dried works just as well)
1 tbsp grated onion (I use dried minced onion)
1 garlic clove, crushed through a press (I use jarred minced garlic)
1/2 tsp dried thyme (I forget I don't like thyme & put it in every time...)
1/4 tsp celery seeds (recipe calls for 1/2 tsp, but I find them overbearing)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • Whisk the mayo, sour cream & buttermilk powder in a medium bowl until the powder dissolves. Stir in the parsley, onion, garlic, thyme, celery seeds and pepper. Cover and refrigerate to blend the flavors, at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
I found with this dip, it really should sit at least overnight. I made it and served it in 3 hours once and I didn't really enjoy it. Overnight is good and 2 days is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment