Monday, January 23, 2012

Lisa's Italian Meatloaf

Submitted by Lisa Mariani Hackney

2lbs of lean gr. beef (the leaner the better)
1c dry bread crumbs
2lg eggs
1tsp garlic powder ( I used about 2tsp of minced garlic if I have it)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 c beef stock
1 c mozzerella cheese ( I use slices and as much as I think is right)
1 can of tomato sauce

preheat oven to 375.
combine all ingriediants except cheese and tomato sauce. Mix well.  Take half the mixture and form into a loaf in a 9x13 pan. Make a hollow area down the center and fill with cheese. Put the rest  of the mixture over top.

bake for 1 hour. pour tomato sauce over top and cook for an additional 15 min. Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.


** I usually add my beef stock a little at a time. Sometimes it seems i don;t need the full amount**

No comments:

Post a Comment